Some people cook to get rid of hunger and some cook to satisfy their soul. Which one are you? However, no cook wants to decay their kitchen utensils so early. In that case, homemakers are careful most of the time. By the way, today we are going to provide you Red Copper Pan seasoning instructions to season properly. We will go through some phases. Now, sit with ease and start reading this article till the last with a bit of concentration. Let’s dig in.
How to season a red copper pan step by step?
- First of all, unpack the red copper pan. Then, you have to wash the pan with dish soap and water to make sure there is no harmful chemicals or constituents left. However, don’t try to scour too much, wash it gently. We recommend you to handle your kitchen essentials with extensive care because they are not your enemy.
- Once you finish cleaning your copper pan, let it dry for a moment. You can also put it into medium or high heat for 1-2 minutes. Make sure; there is no soap or water left in the pan.
- Now, it’s time to use vegetable oil on the inner surface of the pan. (Flaxseed, coconut or avocado or olive oil are usable in this case). You can use (2 to 3 tablespoon) olive oil or flaxseed oil to lightly season the copper pan as the copper pan doesn’t require to be seasoned heavily.
- Then, you have to spread the oil all over the inner surface of the pan. You can surge the pan slowly to spread the oil all over the places. I know it’s satisfactory but don’t get lost in the moment swaying it as we have other steps to complete.
- In this step, you have to heat the copper pan. You can select one of the two ways. Either you can use a stovetop or an oven.
- If you choose the stovetop, opt for medium heat. There is no detailed time limit for this but wait until smoke comes out of the pan. Then, take the copper pan away or turn off the stove.
- If you pick the oven, make sure to pre-heat it to 300o F or 149o C. Once you ensure the oven is fully preheated, put your pan on it. Let it be on it for 20 minutes and stop the oven and take the pan away. However, it is better to cool it down on the oven and turn the oven off.
- Now, wait until the oil dried out completely. It helps the pan to fill all the uneven area correctly. Then, take a soft cotton cloth or a paper napkin to wipe the additional oil out of the pan.
That’s it; You are ready to use your red copper pan now.
Why and when you need to re-season your red copper pan?
You want your pan to last longer; there is no question about it. You need to re-season the pan to endure the efficiency of it. Also, the seasoning is not permanent, and after a period it wipes away.
You have to re-season your pan at least once in 6 months. However, we recommend you to season your pan once in every three months but depending on the usage.
Suggestions to keep your red copper pan last long:
- Don’t put your pan on the dishwasher and wash it with soap. Wash it with just water, and you can use a paper napkin to clean the leftover remnants. You should not scrub it hard and use steel wool or harsh washing scrub to wash the pan.
- You should not use metal utensils like a metal spatula, spoon or knife to cook anything on the surface of the copper pan.
We have elucidated the entire seasoning process above. If you follow the steps carefully, I hope, your red copper pan will last longer than you can imagine. The more you care, you won’t need to fear. Thank you for being with us. Stay tuned for the latest updates. Take care and spread the goodness and keep visiting us for stuff like Red copper pan seasoning instructions to season properly.